Grande Terre, New Caledonia
2018 (6 months)
♜The penal colony of Teremba was built by 1871. Quickly a village spreads around the fort and free settlers were allowed to settle there by 1872. The military garrison leaves the place in 1885 ; in 1898 the convoys of prisoners stop. The fort is abandoned in 1908. It is then restored and transformed into a museum by Association Marguerite.
Restoration of the ruins and improvement of the site's clarity
Cleaning of masonries
Preservation masonry work
Restitution of tops' watertightness
NB : This worksite concerns Caledonians only