top of page



19th century

French Guyana

2 months

The penal colony was built in 1930 on the former land of the Inini (a subdivision of Guyana), in Crique Anguille. It was closed in 1946 but some remains of the camp are still visible today, such as the kitchen of Senegalese infantrymen.

Restoration of diverse buildings : disciplinary cells, latrines

Plants removal and masonry cleaning

Preservation masonry work

Higlighting and valuing of the site

NB : This worksite concerns Guyanese people only

This worksite is supported by the French Coastal Protection Agency (Conservatoire du Littoral), the Foundation for Heritage (Fondation du Patrimoine) and the Total Foundation.

habitations loyola.png
bottom of page